Wednesday, May 30, 2007
I have never in my life spent more money at a single location- except of course buying my house and a car. But those are big purchases. I'm talking a local department/chain store. In fact, I have never spent that much money that quickly ever. The house took me a month, and the car a week. Today I spent $5,390 in an hour. One hour. That's a lot of f*ing money. In the end I guess it is all worth it. I got a lawn mower, 50 sheets of sheetrock, 2000 sq ft of flooring, closet doors and new windows. And I still have $600 left to buy paint, lights, and odds and ends that I need.
I'm nervous and excited. That's a LOT of money, but I am hoping that in the end it all works out. I am able to finish the attic and the basement, which increases the value of my house. Hopefully that will mean a better refinance deal and the ability to take enough out to pay for the improvements and a little bit more so I can go home for all these weddings I have. I'll keep posting pictures as the work progresses.
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Yes I totally feel like Mel Gibson right now. Except not a hairy. Or Male. Or in Scotland being quartered. But I digress. This morning I woke up for the first time in a month completely not dizzy. It's like heaven. Of course it's nearly 8pm now and it's coming back a bit- it was too much to hope that itt was gone for good yett, but almost an entire lightheaded free day.
Monday, May 21, 2007
Well, I got the results of one of my finals today- Primates. Inspite of the fact that I missed the last three weeks of class and I only had a day to study- I got a 96 on the exam. WOOT. I ended up with a B+ in the class (I didn't do so well on teh second exam). Now I have to wait for my other two final results to come in- wish me luck.
On another note I went back on teh steriods today. I forgot how yucky they made me feel. All I could remember was how GOOD I felt afterwards- when the dizziness was gone. I'd forgotton about the headaches and the fever and the fact that my legs went numb. I had thought that was the MS but turns out it was a side effect of the steriods. Oh and that lovely metalic taste everthing now has- YUK.
Sunday, May 13, 2007
1. Okay, okay! I take it back. Unblank you
2. You say I'm a witch like it's a bad thing.
3. Well, this day was a total waste of make-up.
4. Well, aren't we a goshdarn ray of sunshine?
5. Don't bother me; I'm living happily ever after.
6. Do I look like a people person?
7. This isn't an office. It's hell with fluorescent lighting.
8. I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
9. Therapy is expensive. Popping bubble wrap is cheap. You choose.
10. Why don't you try practicing random acts of intelligence and senseless acts of self-control? 11. I'm not crazy. I've been in a very bad mood for 30 years.
12. Sarcasm is just one more service I offer.
13. Do they ever shut up on your planet?
14. I'm not your type: I'm not inflatable.
15. Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize haven't gone to sleep yet!
16. Back off!! You're standing in my aura.
17. Don't worry. I forgot your name too.
18. I work 45 hours a week to be this poor.
19. Not all men are annoying. Some are dead.
20. Wait. I'm trying to imagine you with a personality.
21. Chaos, panic and disorder ... my work here is done.
22. Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.
23. You look like ****. Is that the style now?
24. Earth is full. Go home
25. Aw, did I step on your poor little itty bitty ego?
26. I'm not tense, just terribly, terribly alert.
27. A hard-on doesn't count as personal growth.
28. You are depriving some village of an idiot
29. If butteholes could fly, this place would be an airport.
30. Look deeply into my eyes ... Do you see one ounce of give-a-****?
Saturday, May 12, 2007
I am really really hoping its the steriods but I am so HUNGRY all the time. It's not just a rumbling in the belly, it's a full on obsession with food. I know I don't NEED to be eating, but I can't stop putting things in my mouth. I'll think about something- Gummy bears.... Oreo's.... French Fries..... and next thing I know I'm eating it. I made a Steak at Midnight last week. I know I need to stop, and I keep telling myself I will stop... and I can't.... I've gained 5 lbs since the Steroids last week. Something has to give.
Friday, May 11, 2007
Just an update on my MS. I am still not 100%, but I am close. Today was a bad day. The heat is getting to me a bit I think and I feel very lightheaded again. I finally got to read the results of my MRI, I have 6 new lesions- not 3- the 3 are the ones that were active at the time. The feeling in my lower body has slowly come back, but it's not fully back either. Part of me wonders about my diagnosis. I was diagnosed with Relapsing Remitting.... but that usually means that you have an attack, get better and stay stable for the rest of the year. I always feel like I am slowly getting worse. Of course I have great days.... but there is always some tingling and dizziness I am never 'normal'. It was better when it was just numb legs- that I could handle.... The dizziness and now the equilibruim are the worst. My mind is fine and wants to be used... but i can't because i am so darn dizzy. The worst is that the dizziness and the lightheadedness are VERY different. You'd think I would only get one, but Nooooo I'm stuck with both. *sigh*
|Questions? Comments? Like/hate my writing? Email me.|