Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Back to Work 

It's been a while since I have posted. I've gone back to work and I'm having a love/hate relationship with it. I'm really enjoying the adult interaction, but I hate having anyone else look after Juliet. I miss my cuddle time. I feel like I get her home, play a little and then it's bed time. It feels rushed like I don't get enough time :( Plus, I'm tired. We don't have a set 'schedule' or anything yet so getting up at 5am when Juliet didn't go to sleep until 11 or later is rough. But I do what I have to do to provide for her. She went down tonight at 9.30, and I'll take her to bed with me when I go at 11 (after Top Chef of course). Luckily I don't have to work until 3pm tomorrow.
As for daycare.... I have someone I work with looking after Juliet. It's someone I really thought I could trust, but now I am doubting that she is such a good idea. She's made several comments about things that go against my parenting ideas- like starting solids before 6 months, forcing naps, and thinking that she should be sleeping through the night. Today I pick up Juliet and she gave her water! I am sure you don't think it's a big deal- but it is. BF babies don't NEED water- in fact it can cause water toxcicity if too much was giving. I was upset and said to her that I didn't want Juliet to have water and she ARGUED with me. I'm asuming she is trying to do the best for Juliet, but I am her mother, and she needs to respect the choices I want to make for my daughter. I am still really ticked off that she argued with me. I think I need to change daycare- I can't afford it, but I can't trust that the woman I am with now will listen to anything I say, I am now terrified that she will do something (again) that I won't approve of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
 

Pages of Note:
The Words of my bestest bud.
My Aunt's Blog

EDJ's Blog
The rabble of film reviews- cinemablend

Archives:

 
 
Questions? Comments? Like/hate my writing? Email me.