Monday, November 10, 2008

1 week old 

Juliet is one week old today. We had our first doctors appointment this AM. She's gained 4oz since she was born, which means she is feeding great and is very healthy. I'm also very healthy. At the hospital I weighed 183... which is 27lbs less then I was pregnant and 7lbs less then I was prepregnancy. I'm already out of maternity clothes, and wearing 12-14 pants... I'm trying to walk more and do some excercises with Juliet (like half situps with her on my chest, or using her as a weight to lift) so that I can get myself fit. Next week I might even try and head to the gym for a short period- maybe 10 mins or so to do some other excercises while I have the energy.
I still have about 5 loads of laundry to fold, (and growing as Juliet peed twice when I've taken her diaper off) and a dishwasher to empty, but overall the house is clean and I feel good. At some point I really need to get some stuff organized, but I think I'll wait until I have a little more energy.
It still hasn't sunk in that this little being is mine. I can't believe I 'GREW' this person. She is a part of me. Every day is still a routine of changing and feeding, but it's slowly sinking in that this is my DAUGHTER. Holy crap.

1 Comments:

hey shit head and little shit head,
Its great to hear all about what is going on for your guys. I am so proud of both of you. Last night I went to Stephen & Atsuko's house and they showed us ultrasound pics. I thought of you. Ben rubbed my leg in cluckyness and then got all embarrassed when I noticed.
You are both doing very well. My house is a mess with reports, I have more laundry than I know what to do with and the dishes never appear to be DONE even with my best intentions - all in all you have done everything i have managed not to and need to be congratulated.
Much love to you both, from smelly

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

 
 

Pages of Note:
The Words of my bestest bud.
My Aunt's Blog

EDJ's Blog
The rabble of film reviews- cinemablend

Archives:

 
 
Questions? Comments? Like/hate my writing? Email me.