Tuesday, December 07, 2004

New days 

Yup, I got a new car. I am so thankful that my family was able to pull through and help me through this. It has not been easy. It's still not easy. The car has some maintenance work that needs to be done on it, which means I need to scrounge a ride at least once this week, so that it can be in the shop. But, I have wheels, and you can't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Did you know where that saying came from? It came from a time when horses were used as transportation. When you bought a horse, looking in their mouth- in specific their teeth- would tell you not only the age of the horse, but also it's condition (based on food, teeth wear etc). If you were given a horse, looking in the mouth would be offensive, like you were asking how much the horse cost. Because a better mouth cost more. Yup. Useless trivia of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
 

Pages of Note:
The Words of my bestest bud.
My Aunt's Blog

EDJ's Blog
The rabble of film reviews- cinemablend

Archives:

 
 
Questions? Comments? Like/hate my writing? Email me.